3. BHA and BHT: These preservatives are found in breakfast cereals, dehydrated potatoes, granola bars, kids’ Advil, jet fuel, embalming fluid, rubber, cold cuts, nut mixes etc. They’re considered antioxidants. They cause hypersensitivity, allergy reactions, and are toxic to the organs. The United Kingdom, Japan, and the European Union have already banned them.
4. Arsenic-based Drugs that Increase Growth-rate of Chickens: Pinker meats are one of the other effects of these drugs. Arsenic is a heavy metal and causes toxicity.
5. rBGH: Already banned in Australia, Canada, the European Union, and Israel, this genetically-engineered artificial hormone is forcibly fed to dairy cows as it results in higher yields of milk. The term rBGH stands for recombinant bovine growth hormone. It’s also called recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST).
6. Aspartame: Originally, aspartame started out as an anti-ulcer medication. Once the chemist discovered it was sweet-tasting, it was marketed as an artificial sweetener. This is why diet drinks and diet foods usually contain aspartame. Interestingly, you’ll gain weight if you eat these diet foods. It’s found in Activia Light and Crystal Light.
The results of excitotoxins such as MSG on health can include obesity, nausea, migraine headaches, ADD and ADHD, memory loss, birth defects, asthma, fatal asthma, uncontrollable blood sugar levels, heart arrhythmias, higher incidence of heart attack and stroke, cancers that rapidly grow, nerve cell damage, increased free radicals in the body, and throat swelling. Effects are seen in about 40% of the population.
8. Brominated Flours: These flours are found in breads, breadcrumbs, rolls, bagels, and other products that use flour such as cakes and cookies.
9. Food Colorings and Flavorings: There are thousands of these, and they have been linked to behavioral disorders, birth defects, hyperactivity, bladder cancer, tumors of the adrenal gland and brain, infertility, and hives.
Norway and Austria have already banned them.
10. Ractopamine: This is a muscle enhancer drug given to pigs, cattle, and turkeys. In cattle, it causes mastitis. Reproductive problems, disability, and death are common due to this. Over 160 countries have already banned it.
11. Brominated Vegetable Oil: This is often found in sports drinks and citrus-flavored drinks. They are used as flame retardants, too. This additive causes birth defects and organ damage. Europe and Japan have already banned it.
12. Sodium Benzoate: This additive is put in acidic foods like vinegar, juices, and sodas to prevent bacteria and fungi from growing. It’s also in margarine and burgers as well as in fireworks. Sometimes sodium benzoate is called E211.
13. Benzoic Acid: If you make a grilled cheese sandwich with the wrong type of cheese—one that contains benzoic acid—you can inhale small amounts of benzoic acid. This additive, when inhaled, damages the nervous system. It causes asthma and hyperactivity. You’ll also find it in sauces, meats, and some cosmetics.